Termux for PC application is developed to help users run and test Linux terminal commands without using the same operating system. In simple words, it offers an emulator that allows you to access cross-platform services on a different operating system.
The only problem with this app is that its services are limited to Android devices. However, an official PC version has not been introduced to the market. Therefore, you will be asked to implement a different approach to get the job done. Here, I will tell you exactly what you need to install the “Termux for Windows and Mac” operating system.
Termux for PC
Like all users who want to access the same application on PC, I tried Termux on Android. I tested the application because I installed two operating systems on my HP laptop (Windows 10 and Linux mint). So I wanted to control my web server from my Android device and that was only possible if I had this application to work with me.
After spending some time using this application on my smartphone, I decided to download Termux for PC. It was mainly because there were times when I had a problem with running the Linux operating system on my PC. But my computer ran flawlessly under Windows 10. So, in this article, I’ll show you how to get the job done with a simple tip / trick.
What is Termux?
Termux is one of the best Android tools that works as a Linux terminal. The app is available on the Google Play Store and you can download it without paying a single penny. The good thing is, it has no online ads or in-app purchases. Well, it is only developed for users who want to run or test Linux based commands.
The application interface is developed with both novice and expert users in mind. That is, if you are new to using this application, you can easily understand how to work with this application. Even if you don’t know much about Linux command execution, you can easily learn to develop the programs directly from within the application.
If you want, you can learn to use Termux Addons for more convenience. There are more than five plugins that are added to help users to work with the application in a convenient way. The most appropriate plugins help you change the style (CSS), the frontend (HTML) and the backend to work with web servers.
We all know that Python is the most favorable programming language. The developers have now decided to switch to this language to bring peace of mind to their lives. Also, the C language is good for learning purposes. That is why both programming languages are supported by this application. Also, if you are interested in learning Linux-based programming languages, you should consider using this application.
- Termux allows you to enjoy the bash and zsh shells. It supports full Linux terminal command line emulation.
- You can manage files within nnn and edit them with nano, vim, or emacs. The Termux API allows you to access Chrome’s hardware features.
- The application is fully customizable. You can manage color schemes and powerline ready fonts for Termux Terminal.
- It allows you to access servers via ssh and develop in C with clang, make, and gdb.
- At any time you can install and use additional packages in addition to a minimal package system that will be installed while you use it for the first time.
Termux for PC, Windows and Mac [How to Download]
Learn to run commands in a Linux-based terminal through Termux for PC and laptop. This application is developed to help users run and test Linux terminal commands without using the same operating system. In simple words, it offers an emulator that allows you to access cross-platform services on a different operating system.
The only problem with this app is that its services are limited to Android devices. However, an official PC version has not been introduced to the market. Therefore, you will be asked to implement a different approach to get the job done. Here, I will tell you exactly what you need to install “Termux for Windows and Mac” operating system.
How to download and install Termux on PC using BlueStacks
Let me remind you, there is no official way to download Termux for PC and Laptop. Therefore, you will be prompted to access third-party application services, such as Android emulators. These programs are your only hope to emulate the Android interface on a computer.
- Download the BlueStacks emulator from here. I recommend that you never download any software from untrusted sources because they can harm your PC.
- After downloading the BlueStacks.exe file, open it to begin installing the software. Accept the software installation license and continue clicking the Next button. In the end, check the “Start BlueStacks” checkbox and click the Finish button.
- On BlueStacks, before you are taken to your home interface, you will be asked to fill out some home forums. Like selecting a software UI language, payment plan, and entering your Gmail ID. Fill out the forums and see the next step.
- Now that you have met all the requirements, you will be redirected to the home interface of the software. From there, you need to click once on the Play Store icon to start using Google Play Services on PC.
- Type “Termux” in the Play Store search bar and press Enter.
- Click the “Install” button and wait 10-15 seconds.
- After successful installation of Termux for PC (Windows 10/8/7 / Mac), you can use it on your machine.
How to download and install Termux on PC using Nox
- You can download Termux on your PC and Mac using a Nox player application. It is compatible with various
- applications. Read the steps below to use the Nox player:
- You must previously install the Nox application on your device from the official website. It has many cool features.
- Launch the Nox Player application on your PC after installation.
- You must log into your Google account to access Nox Player content.
- You can find a search button in the Nox window, type “Termux” and hit the search button.
- From the search results, install Termux in your Nox folder.
- Launch the application after installation in the installed applications section to enjoy the use of various
- development tools and functions.